Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Thornton Creek Homeopathic Clinic is Open!

After 20 years of practice in a group setting, I founded The Thornton Creek Homeopathic Clinic. Although I had enjoyed the support of staff and a lively collegial environment, I longed for more beauty and nature that would allow me to have more simplicity and quiet in my life. So, after years of practice in one setting, I decided to build a new clinic amidst gardens and a quieter neighborhood.

I wondered what it would be like to practice without the assistance of my valued and dearly loved receptionist. As it has turned out, my patients have adapted easily to this change, making appointments via email and when acute illnesses arise. Some call on the phone, especially new patients, but it is at such a pace that I find it easy and effortless to reach everyone in a timely fashion. I have always been a doctor who has been very available to my patients, and this has not changed. I consider myself on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and my promise is to return calls within 8 hours. There are times when I am away at a conference or on vacation, but the majority of those times I am still available through email. If there is a more urgent need, then I recommend going to the emergency room or calling one of your other caregivers for more immediate care.

The new clinic provides exquisite quiet and simple beauty: watching juncos and goldfinches feed, seeing the columbines emerge from the winter soil and the rhododendrons bloom, the raspberries fruit. Occasionally the raccoons wander through, or a heron visits the pond. I think you will find the interior space nourishing as well: soft warm yellows, soothing greens, and many windows and French doors opening to the gardens. Please join me in my new clinic.

http://www.kristaheron.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment